WHAT WE DO
Crossroads is an Isle of Man based charity that provides support to carers and people with care needs no matter their disability, age or illness. Established in 1988, we have been providing services to local carers for over 30 years.
Our services are about improving the lives of carers by giving them time to themselves and have a break from caring. Our support workers take over the care responsibilities to create immediate and sustained respite giving carers time to be themselves away from their caring role.
We are the leading provider of practical and emotional support for carers in the Isle of Man and the only on island service whose main focus is on the carer.
We strive to:
- improve the social well-being of carers and their families
- deliver an increasing number of care hours to local carers, their families and the people they care for each year
- increase total scheme income by diversifying the funding mix
- provide the highest quality service for carers and their families
- raise the profile of Crossroads and the needs of local carers and people with care needs
- work in partnership with local and national organisations in implementing and developing new and innovative services which support the carers in the Isle of Man
- develop appropriate services accessible to the whole community and be committed to responding to the diversity of needs presented and developing appropriate quality services
- ensure our services are accessed by and meet the needs of hard to reach carers
"The team at Crossroads have become like a second family to me. Their support has allowed me to take regular breaks from caring for my daughter which helps make things a lot easier for me and the rest of my family."
ALICE, AGED 33