WHAT WE DO
Crossroads is an Isle of Man based charity that provides support to carers and people with care needs no matter their disability, age or illness. Established in 1988, we have been providing services to local carers for 35 years.
Our services are about improving the lives of carers by giving them time to themselves and have a break from caring. Our support workers take over the care responsibilities to create immediate and sustained respite giving carers time to be themselves away from their caring role.
We are the leading provider of practical and emotional support for carers in the Isle of Man and the only on Island service provider whose main focus is on the carer.
Our Vision, Mission and Values
Crossroads wants a community that respects, values, and supports carers and those with care needs living in the Isle of Man.
Our mission is to improve the lives of carers and those with care needs in the Isle of Man.
- We deliver quality, responsive and person-centred care services
- We promote the role and needs of local carers and people with care needs
- We champion the rights of carers and those with care needs and campaign for change
- We ensure our services are accessed by and meet the needs of hard to reach carers
- We work in partnership with local and national organisations to implement and develop new and innovative services which support the changing needs of carers
- We support people with care needs be a part of the local community through initiatives designed to promote independence and self belief
- We develop appropriate services accessible to the whole community
- We ensure all carers receive the support and services they need to enable them to continue in their caring role for as long as they wish to do so
- Delivering excellence and professionalism in care
- Respecting and being inclusive of all care experiences and embracing diversity
- Compassion and understanding
- Communicating and listening, openly and honestly
- Innovation in developing services
- Encouraging internal and external teamwork
- Safeguarding and promoting welfare and wellbeing
- Commitment to our carers and service users
"The team at Crossroads have become like a second family to me. Their support has allowed me to take regular breaks from caring for my daughter which helps make things a lot easier for me and the rest of my family."
ALICE, AGED 33