Crossroads Charity Shops to Reopen
On Monday 18th May Crossroads’ charity shops will be reopening.
When they do, we will have a new way of operating and will be asking all customers to help us keep everyone safe by following these points:
- The shops will be adhering to the social distancing requirements set out by the Isle of Man Government.
- Our charity shops will operate the following opening hours (subject to staffing availability on the day):
- Monday to Saturday, 9am til 11am will be a dedicated time for people to drop off donated goods. Items can also be dropped off at our office by appointment Monday to Friday (phone number 673103).
- Monday to Saturday, 11am til 4pm we will open to customers who are buying items.
- At any point during the day any of our shops may close temporarily to ensure social distancing guidelines and a cleaning regime remain in place.
- Each shop will have a queuing system, managed by shop staff, and we ask that our customers respect the instructions they are given and follow the signs where applicable. Initially we are only allowing two customers in a shop at any one time but will reduce this to one if social distancing proves difficult.
- We have different instructions for dropping off donations for each of the shops:
- Prospect Terrace shop - please drop donations off via the back door in the rear lane.
- Windsor Road shop (home interiors) – will be operating a one way system through the shop with entry via the lower door and exit via the top door.
- Strand Street shop – please place donations in the blue wheelie bin at the back of the shop. Please note parking is required by our team at all times.
- Payment by card is our preferred method of payment. The tills in each shop have been fitted with perspex protective screens to ensure the safety of customers and our staff.
- Please bring your own bag to take away your purchases as we will not be reusing plastic carrier bags.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for both customers and staff.
- Decisions regarding our van collections and deliveries will be announced as soon as we have all the correct protocols in place.
- If you wish to bring in items of furniture please send photos of each item to firstname.lastname@example.org. Furniture needs to meet certain criteria which our team will explain on responding to your messages and depending on space within the shop we may not be able to receive the items immediately.
We really appreciate the support from our customers and we strive to enable you to have a safe and pleasant shopping experience within our charity shops. Please remember social distancing rules also apply in the queue whilst you are waiting to enter the shop.
A message to our lovely volunteers – thank you for your patience and understanding during the closure of the shops. We know some of you are keen to get back to help but we want to make sure the safety measures we have put in place are well established before your return so please bear with us a little longer. We will be contacting a few volunteers at a time so we can provide adequate training before you return to the shops. Volunteers can also choose not to return for a bit longer, which we fully understand.
All the above may change at anytime and where we can, we will give notice, but unfortunately this may not always be the case.
Stay safe everyone, and we look forward to welcoming you all back into the shops!