Crossroads Care was first established on the Isle of Man in 1988 and have been providing continuing support and services on the island for over quarter of a century! Over the years the organisation has grown and expanded its services to meet the needs of our local carers. The organisation became a network member of the Princess Royal Trust for Carers in 2004 and opened the island’s only Carers’ Centre.
As a charity the organisation relies on donations and fundraising to provide over 70% of its projects with the rest being grant funded.
Crossroads Care is the leading provider of practical and emotional support for carers living on the Isle of Man. Our service is about giving time, improving the lives of carers by giving them time to be themselves and have a break from caring.
We will strive to:
- improve social well-being of carers and their families
- deliver an increasing number of care hours to local carers, their families and the people they care for each year
- increase total scheme income by diversifying the funding mix
- provide the highest quality service for carers and their families
- raise the profile of Crossroads Care and the needs of local carers and people with care needs
- work in partnership with local and national organisations in implementing and developing new and innovative services which support the carers on the Isle of Man
- develop appropriate services accessible to the whole community and be committed to responding to the diversity of needs presented and developing appropriate quality services
- ensure our services are accessed by and meet the need of hard to reach carers.